Baked loin with ketchup and vegetables: presentation
You may be surprised to see a recipe made with ketchup as the main ingredient, but I assure you that if the tests you will realize that is a wise choice. The little ones in the house find it hard to eat vegetables and, although they love the loin, when I cook it in the oven, they often change their faces. For this reason I have thought to make a meat dish, which can be used for celebrations, with the sauce that most like: ketchup. I used Heinz ketchup because it’s the one I always have at home. Simply a tomato sauce with spices, sugar and vinegar. With this little trick I got the meat, the vegetables and a little bread.
This recipe of baked loin with ketchup, especially designed for children, is a healthy recipe. It is cooked with the only fat that carries the extra virgin olive oil, a healthy fat. The pork loin (white meat) carries very little fat and ketchup, practically nothing. So with loin and baked vegetables you’ll see how good and how healthy we can all eat.
- 1 piece of loin of 800 g
- 200g ketchup or 200 ml
- 1 glass of brandy
- 600 g potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Baked loin with ketchup and vegetables: recipe preparation
- – Pepper the tenderloin to taste.
- – In a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil, mark the piece of loin on all sides. You have to do it on a live fire to form a crust and thus catch all the moisture so that it is then cooked in its own juice without drying. Once marked, remove from the fire.
- – Place the spine in a font large enough to fit the vegetables. Water with the glass of cognac and add the ketchup over. Put in the oven preheated to 250º C. Add a little water when you see the juice is dry.
- – For the vegetables. Cut the potatoes into somewhat large dice, also the carrot and onion into slices.
- – Sauté the vegetables in the same pan where you marked the meat. When you see them take color, add a glass of water and season with the corresponding salt. When it begins to boil, remove from the heat.
- – Incorporate the vegetables to the loin and water with the broth, which will have collected all the flavor of the meat. Also add the cherry tomatoes. Put it back in the oven. From time to time, turn the loin and grind it with the broth. In this way, you will get the whole surface to brown. Add a little water every time you see the juice drying. The amount of water I cannot tell you exactly, so every time you see that it runs out of juice, add half a glass.
- – After about an hour and a quarter, your baked loin with ketchup and vegetables will be ready to serve.
- – On a cutting board, cut loin steaks of the thickness of half a centimeter to a centimeter and serve with the vegetables and some of the ketchup sauce of the tray.
You may also be interested in this recipe of Sirloin with mushroom sauce and this one from Redondo veal to brandy (recipe here) .